Family Aftercare Coordinator
This position is responsible for overseeing and implementing the Family Aftercare Program. The Family Aftercare Coordinator will provide necessary information, training, and data to develop, oversee, implement and evaluate programs and services related to aftercare for LifeCenter families. This position responds to donor families in a respectful and sensitive manner at all times. This position also provides follow up communication relative to grief resources and other opportunities to provide support.
Essential Job Duties/Performance Standards
- Oversees the Aftercare Program
- Develops plans, systems and strategies for all activities related to the Family
- Aftercare program and services provided to organ and tissue donor families,
- Conducts ongoing assessments of donor family satisfaction,
- Achieves goals established in annual departmental strategic planning,
- Leads donor family support group and various donor family related projects such as the donor family quilt program,
- Assists in budget development for the program.
- Appropriately responds to calls and inquiries from donor families with concerns and questions
- Oversees and coordinates all follow up with donor families.
- Works collaboratively with the Community Relations/Volunteer Engagement Associate to coordinate volunteer opportunities for donor families.
- Works collaboratively with Family Service Coordinators to provide support for our donor families.
- Facilitates correspondence initiated between donor families and recipients and requests for recipient follow up information.
- Maintains electronic documentation for all aftercare activities and communication with donor families.
- Works with the Community Relations Manager, Family Services and assigned Communication Center staff to plan and execute the annual Donor Family Recognition Ceremony.
- Works with assigned management staff and donor family representatives in creation and development of the Donor Family Memorial.
- Works with the Community Relations Director if media opportunities arise and serves a liaison with donor families regarding the media opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with the Community Relations Manager to manage Social Media interactions for the Donor Family page.
- Develops relationships and provides education with key hospital staff including but not limited to ODA and Pastoral Care to better support donor families.
- Assists with educational and other community relations activities and works with Community Relations Department (attends CR team meetings and other meetings/conferences related to the field as assigned).
- Other job duties as assigned by Community Relations Director and Executive Director.
Social work, psychology or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
Strong empathetic verbal and written communication skills.
Valid drivers’ license.
Data entry skills. Basic computer knowledge.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Work is performed in a hospital setting as well as in the office. This position requires regular sitting, standing, lifting, reaching, bending and walking. This position is an on-call position that may require extended time periods of work at any hour.
Risk Exposure to Blood and Bodily Fluids: While performing some essential functions of your position, you may be exposed to blood or body fluids. Established procedures identify the appropriate personal protective measures that you should use when performing essential functions of your position. In addition, LifeCenter's OSHA program will provide you with the appropriate procedures and guidelines. If you need additional training or resources, please contact your manager/supervisor or the Health and Safety Officer.
Please include a cover letter detailing where you learned about this open position (i.e. FaceBook, LifeCenter website, third party website, referral, etc.).
To submit your cover letter and resume, e-mail a Microsoft Word or Rich Text Document to LifeCenter or mail or fax your resume to: