Human Resources Generalist
Consistent with the vision and values of Network for Life (Lifeline of Ohio and LifeCenter Organ Donor Network), this position carries out the following responsibilities in these functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Essential Job Duties/Performance Standards
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organizational employees: assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and policy and procedures manual.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration including claims resolution, change reporting and approval of invoices for payment and ensures that employees receive effective and comprehensive communications regarding our benefit programs.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually and maintains other records as needed.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all employees and schedules and facilitates new hire orientation.
- Handles employee relations counseling.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and supports other department meetings as needed.
- Maintains employee directory.
- Maintains human resources information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Works with the organizational development lead to ensure culture and performance management are in alignment.
- Performs time and attendance responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators
- HR reporting prepared on time during the required process timing
- No issues identified or reported related to benefits administration or execution
- Recruitment and orientation processes aligned to mission, vision and values. Time to hire is within acceptable targets
- Compensation and performance timelines completed within required deadlines
- Payroll run successfully and without error by set deadlines
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources within the healthcare environment (preferred)
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Business Systems Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Sage HRMS preferred
- Written and oral communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build both trusting and professional relationships
- Ability to collaborate and function effectively in a team environment
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting working at a desk or table on a level surface. This position requires regular sitting, lifting, reaching, bending and walking. Travel to and from Columbus and Cincinnati as needed. May be required to work more hours than normal during a regular workweek depending on workload and deadline requirements. Office hours varied but must include M-F, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Risk Exposure to Blood and Bodily Fluids: There are no known essential functions of your position that may expose you to blood or bodily fluids. LifeCenter's OSHA program will provide you with the appropriate procedures and guidelines. If you need additional training or resources, please contact your manager/supervisor or the Health and Safety Officer.
Please include a cover letter detailing where you learned about this open position (i.e. FaceBook, LifeCenter website, third party website, referral, etc.).
To submit your cover letter and resume, e-mail a Microsoft Word or Rich Text Document to LifeCenter or mail or fax your resume to: